Forum

Business & Marketing

Restock Vertical Market Display

I'm going through the Farmers Market Success System and am curious how folks are restocking vertically stacks crates during market operating hours?

I agree that the displays are beautiful and certainly draw people in but it looks like restocking things like radish and carrot bunches would be a huge pain. It looks like there isn't any access to restock from the back/employee side of the stand which means restocking would need to happen from the customer side. Our market is busy enough that this…

Read more

I'm going through the Farmers Market Success System and am curious how folks are restocking vertically stacks crates during market operating hours?

I agree that the displays are beautiful and certainly draw people in but it looks like restocking things like radish and carrot bunches would be a huge pain. It looks like there isn't any access to restock from the back/employee side of the stand which means restocking would need to happen from the customer side. Our market is busy enough that this would be really difficult to do without interrupting the flow too much. Any tips or best practices on how to handle this?

Read less

Online store

We are Looking to go with Barn2door for our online store. Has anyone had any experience with them or another recommendation.

How to price less than perfect produce

I am wondering how you all determine your prices for less than perfect produce.  My transplanted beets had multiple trap roots.  Would you half the price, reduce by 30%, or?  How about produce that is still good, but has been harvested a while ago? Obviously I am not taking about storage crops.  I currently have butter lettuce that looks and tastes great, but I know it has been on the cooler for a week.

I am just getting started so I want folks to know that I am aware when crops aren't premium…
Read more
I am wondering how you all determine your prices for less than perfect produce.  My transplanted beets had multiple trap roots.  Would you half the price, reduce by 30%, or?  How about produce that is still good, but has been harvested a while ago? Obviously I am not taking about storage crops.  I currently have butter lettuce that looks and tastes great, but I know it has been on the cooler for a week.

I am just getting started so I want folks to know that I am aware when crops aren't premium, but also don't want to cut prices unnecessarily low.

Thanks.
Read less